08 March 2016

Strategies for the Future: Planning and engaging with limited resources

Author :


We asked some of our speakers to tell us what their strategies are to advance their social media efforts with limited resources. Drawing from their experience and vision for the future, here’s what they told us:

What is one piece of advice you would give for using social media effectively limited resources

The organic post isn’t dead…but it may need a bit of a push. If you have a big campaign, see who you can partner with to help you spread the message.
Louise Tapsell, Engagement Manager, Australian Communications and Media Authority

We have VERY limited SM resources - a dedicated team of 3! I'd say start small and slowly and be very clear about your objectives for social media. There's no point trying to open every social door if you're not going to be able to engage with people in a timeframe that meets their expectations.
Patricia Duffy, General Manager Marketing, Defence Force Recruiting

Use positive reinforcement, education and incentives to cultivate a network of content providers within the organisation. Social media should be the responsibility of every staff member, not just the social media manager.

Michael Shanahan, Digital Communications Advisor, Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources SA

After finishing University with a degree in Business Marketing, I decided to make a big jump across seas for the first time and move from the east coast of America to Sydney, Australia. I landed my first job in a sales position in the event industry and soon thereafter moved into a marketing assistant role – following I had the pleasure of interviewing with Akolade which got me to where I am today.

Akolade is a fun, innovative company that brings together people from different walks of life to implement change. As the Marketing Manager, I have the pleasure of wearing many hats which motivates me to succeed, reach people in an array of avenues, grow our events to their full potential, and raise our story. As for me, I am a kind dedicated woman who loves to work hard, exercise, cook, be social and have some fun.

No comments :

Post a Comment